Sunday, October 14, 2007

Happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday to you, your daddy acts like a monkey, sometimes your mommy does too...Today is Amelia's six month birthday, in commemoration we decided to sing her happy birthday and then give her solids for the first time. Does rice cereal even count as a solid? Well, I have to report, that she was most interested in the spoon. I seriously had to wrestle it out of her hands after each bite. At first she willingly opened her mouth to this foreign substance and gobbled it up, but after a few bites her curiosity was satisfied and she was done. I can't blame her, it didn't look all that appetizing to me either. A good first attempt. She also drank a little out of a sippy cup the other day, some even made it into her mouth AND down her throat. She cried when it was all gone. Happy birthday baby girl. She ended the day by staying up the longest she ever has, 5 1/2 hours, and she wasn't even cranky. She must have known it was her day, and wanted to savor every minute of it.



2 comments:

Kacey said...

Hooray for solids! I'm glad she liked them (and the spoon!). I'm starting to pack this week- my house is a mess! Have you started yet?

Anonymous said...

Amelia: you sure look beautiful. I love you...your oldest G-pa.