That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But would an Amelia by any other name be as spicy?

When putting her boots on the wrong feet I corrected her to which she replied "this is the way they go, sorry" in her sassiest voice.
The other day when DJ came home from work he asked her how her day was, she answered "I had a bad time today" and although I wholeheartedly agree, I never said that to her. Definitely not the best of days. When DJ asked why she said "because mommy wouldn't let me do all the things I wanted to", also correct.
Her most repeated phrase lately is "Mommy, you're being bossy!" Nice.
The other day when told she needed to sit on the potty before bed she flat out refused. DJ made her and she stomped in sat on the potty, crossed her arms, and scowled. When DJ asked if she indeed went she sharply said "yes" and the she proceeded to get the tiniest piece of toilet paper and asked if it was enough (yes she knows how much is enough, she does it by herself all the time), when told no she threw it on the floor and gruffly got some more, wiped and chucked it in the potty with all her might. She then got down and stomped some more as she pulled her pants back up and picked up the little piece she threw earlier and again threw it this time into the toilet. We then tucked her into bed and asked if she was comfy, she replied "no, not yet". When I asked why she said it was because "Daddy made me sit on the potty and I didn't want to."
Her most repeated phrase lately is "Mommy, you're being bossy!" Nice.
The other day when told she needed to sit on the potty before bed she flat out refused. DJ made her and she stomped in sat on the potty, crossed her arms, and scowled. When DJ asked if she indeed went she sharply said "yes" and the she proceeded to get the tiniest piece of toilet paper and asked if it was enough (yes she knows how much is enough, she does it by herself all the time), when told no she threw it on the floor and gruffly got some more, wiped and chucked it in the potty with all her might. She then got down and stomped some more as she pulled her pants back up and picked up the little piece she threw earlier and again threw it this time into the toilet. We then tucked her into bed and asked if she was comfy, she replied "no, not yet". When I asked why she said it was because "Daddy made me sit on the potty and I didn't want to."
Now, I don't know about you but it sure sounds like we have a 3 year old who apparently won't be turning 4 soon, it will be more like 14. At least from my memory that is how I acted around that age. Mom, Dad what do you think?
2 comments:
=) ahh... I am so happy that I am in good company. It sounds all too familiar =).
Oh man, I love that girl and I love 3 year olds. What do you call a boy if he acts sassy? I can't call him sassy because it's too girly, but he sure is sometimes :)
Post a Comment