Monday, August 20, 2007

Crying baby for rent...Please return when happy again

This last week has been a tough one for all of us. Amelia is sleeping wonderfully at night, 9-11 hours straight from 10 or 11 to 8 or 9. But she has suddenly forgotten how to nap longer than 20-30 minutes at a time. I know what you are thinking, maybe she just doesn't need much sleep during the day, because she is getting so much at night. Not so my little padawan. How do I know this, because she is the queen of cranksters. Yikes! We are completely thrown by this, she has never been a fussy baby in the least. We have a theory that maybe she is teething, but for verification we will just have to wait and see. Maybe she is mad that it is summer, yet it is in the upper 60's and raining. Whatever it is hopefully it will be of short duration. Here are a few pictures, don't be fooled by her cuteness, she was screaming less than 10 minutes later!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Angie, I hope you don't mind me snooping on Tasha's links... this is your long lost roomie Lauren! i just had to comment because our baby Madison just got her two front teeth at 5 months and I wondered how old your baby is. Maddie started showing irritability and pain at about 4 months and I was thrown for a loop! She had always been a happy girl so I was surprised. I thought I was making it up that she was in pain so I was so glad to see those pearly whites peek through her gums. Anyway, maybe that is the problem for you too... but she is adorable in any case!

Lauren said...

Well like I said I thought I was making it up because her crankiness would come and go. It seemed to get worse when she was tired. There weren't any changes in her gums that I noticed until the teeth showed through, except that she drooled a lot.

I guess I would say to just keep tyring to get her to nap--sleep always helps. And if you do think she's in pain infant Tylenol helps!

(P.S. I have heard that teething can interrupt sleep patterns...)

Anonymous said...

Ang, Amelia is so cute. My kids didn't get teeth until 9 or 10 months, and when they'd start pokng through, it was the beginning of a few long weeks for us, but seriously, you'll survive okay. For some babies it's really fast, you know, only days for each tooth. I'd give my kids the natural teething tablets, which actually seemd to help, especially Gabe.
Miss you!