So this last weekend was fun and kinda sad. My whole family was together to bid my brother farewell. Mark is now on his way to the MTC and will officially be a missionary tonight and enter the MTC tomorrow training to go to Busan, South Korea. I can't believe it. He has been at West Point for 2 years so we are use to him not being around, but this is different. It's weird to think he is old enough, although he is going out at the age many come home at (West point won't let you go until you have completed 2 years). I know the time will fly by, and when he does come home, it will feel like he was never gone. DJ decided to inform me that we could have another baby by the time he comes back. UM, what a way to make me feel like I don't want the time to pass too quickly!
I love my brother, he really is cool. He is so masculine, loving to go hiking and climbing and camping and not minding if he is doing it alone. Yet, he can be cuddly and often this weekend he would grab Amelia out of my hands to play and even try to calm her down when crying. He will make a great husband and father someday. As he says "I may not understand girls, but with 3 older sisters, I know what to expect, nothing will suprise me".
Well I'm sure you don't want to go too far down memory lane with me so I will stop writing all that is going through my head. I will end with a simple phrase, I will miss him, and I know he will be a wonderful missionary.



1 comment:
Nice way to describe the weekend Angie. Like I said, I love your blog. By the way, will you please email me those family pictures that you posted? I would like to do something with them.
Post a Comment