Also, can you see it...
NO? How about now...
Awww, look at that pearly whiteness.
Now down to business. I got tagged like a month ago, in the middle of moving so I put it off (see #1) so to make up for the delay (and for fun) I will do 6 fun facts about each of us.
1. I am a procrastinator. In school I was the one writing a 15 page research paper the day and night before it was due. But it always worked for me, so I never felt a need to change. I sometimes work better under pressure, when I know what I have to do and the time I have to do it. It forces me to concentrate. But now that I am a mom, and have a sweet little bundle that likes to be unpredictable, it is hard to get the things I procrastinate done on time.
2. I hate parking cars. Plain and simple.
3. I love to sleep and I need about 9 hours to not be tired during the day. Also I should never have to be out of bed before 8. Luckily the sweet little bundle seemed to know this and has generally been a good sleeper (we are having a bit of a hiccup currently) who likes to sleep in as well.
4. All of the sudden in the past couple of months I have an urge to learn how to sew really well. I don't know why, but ever since I made a little tag blanket for Amelia and my mom made her a quilt, I just want to. Strange. Maybe it stems from the fact that I have discovered fabric. There is such cool fabric (same goes for paper)! I could just buy and buy, but for me to feel like it is okay I need something to do with it.
5. I love Italian food. I think I must have been Italian in a past life. I also love to bake, but try not to unless I have a place to take it or unless I can 1/2 or 1/4 the recipe. Otherwise I would eat it ALL!
6. I am shy. I have definitely gotten better as I have gotten older, but I still hate being in front of people. This also translates into being nervous to try new things. I hate this part about myself but I am trying to do better. I think being a mom will wiggle me out of this one a little. I am going to have to be the one to call about stuff and force Amelia to participate, I can't be hiding with her!
Well that is it for me. Now on to Amelia.
1. I love my mommy the mostest! Daddy is great, as long as I think mommy is gone.
2. I love to knock down block towers. Mom and I have a competition to see how many or how big she can build the towers before I knock them down. I also have to make sure every single block is knocked down.
3. I am usually a silent laugher. You have to get me going pretty good if you want to get squeals out of me.
4.I love to look and be outside. There are many days when I get fussy and we go on walks and if the weather is too yucky I will happily sit by the window for about 1/2 an hour. This saves my mom sometimes when I am less than happy.
5. I love to jump in my jumperoo. You have never seen a baby enjoy herself so much by jumping. But I am a bit of a showoff and want you in the room with me.
6. My Mohawk is all nat-u-ral!
Now on to DJ, don't worry, they were approved...
1. He is a political junkie. He has regular blogs he checks about politics. I had no idea people even had those. If you ever have a question, I'm sure DJ has an answer, or at least an opinion. I also could recite some from memory if asked.
2. He is a little heater. Who needs an electric blanket? Not me, I have DJ. He sleeps so HOT. There have been times where I have been a good temperature in bed and he gets up in the morning and then I am cold. I think that is why I sleep with just a sheet a lot of the time, I am sleeping with a built in furnace. Amazingly enough he is also a blanket stealer, like he needs them.
3. He is sometimes a vat of useless knowledge. Want to know who starred in what movie and what else they have been in? Any celebrity gossip? Chances are he knows, which completely dumbfounds us both as he doesn't ever read any of that stuff. He hates it in fact. I think it is because he skims headlines, and we all know celebrities make headlines.
4. Amelia has him wrapped around her finger. She will be able to get anything she wants and she can do no wrong.
5. He hates getting things that are practical for presents. Do we need a new DVD player? Yes. Does he want it for his birthday? No. Does he need new work clothes? Yes. Does he want them for Christmas? No. See a pattern. The real kicker is when you say "Well then what do you want?". His reply "I don't know, something I don't need." HHHMMMMMMMMM.
6. He is extremely loud. Especially on the phone. HOLY MOWLY, try not to be in a confined space like the car. Amelia is definitely after his own heart. They have contests with each other. She loves it. I'm trying to decide if their volume is genetic or learned...
2 comments:
I loved reading your "tagged" remarks! And I think Amelia is one of THE CUTEST babies I've ever seen. Truly adorable. I think we need to get together sometime soon!
I admit, I am shy too...and I had the same thought too, that I don't want to hinder Sara from things, because of it! Go boldness!
Ashley
Please tell me what it means to get tagged. I can't figure it out. And why would getting tagged make you post facts about yourself? Does getting tagged mean that you have gotten lax about your blog and they are demanding that you write more? And why is is any of their business? Oh wait, I think getting tagged is when someone pulls the loop at the top on the back of your shirt (circa 1965). Won't be too hard to guess who wrote this comment, huh Angie? I just hope it is not violent to get tagged and that you weren't hurt.
Post a Comment