Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...

...Amelia's not snoring, I kissed her head and put her to bed, but I don't think she'll make it till morning.

Things I have learned this week:

1. Little babies = little immune systems = a constant cycle of runny noses. Lets just say that Amelia thinks we are trying to suffocate her or something when we wipe her little nose. Also, sicky + new tooth = 1 hr+ of trying to get her down for a nap each time, good naps though.

2. How to make cinnamon rolls. Now I don't mean to toot my own horn (well, I guess I do) but I made cinnamon rolls from scratch, no really, I did. Yeast and all. What is a normal occurrence at other people's homes is amazing in mine. I can cook and bake fine but this is only the second time I have ever used yeast. (Gasp, I know, a little pathetic) but they were absolutely delicious if I do say so myself.

3. DJ didn't fall into the pits of despair when Mitt Romney dropped out, like I feared.

4. I can actually rock myself to sleep.

5. Amelia NEEDS to walk or crawl or something, now!!! For everyone's sake please! She seems to be skipping crawling (which I figured was going to happen) but I never realized that in doing so this would happen. What you ask? She has learned that she can stand up and walk while holding our hands, so she realizes she can get what she wants. What's the problem with that? The "our hands" part. She doesn't get that she can hold onto a whole host of things...just our hands. That means she is constantly reaching for us pulling herself up and lunging toward what she wants until we stand up and walk her there. Yes, with no way to get there herself (i.e., crawling) but with an awareness that she can get there herself (with our help) it has become quite frustrating time for us all, good thing she is so darn cute. Any suggestions are welcome.

6. I can teach the whole young women's without dying or being completely paralyzed by fear, it was only partial.

7. That I miss my little baby girl. Today we were sitting on the couch and she was cuddled in my arms leaning her head on my shoulder playing with a toy and I realized that she is growing up so fast, before I know it those little cuddle times will be gone. I guess this is why we have more kids. But I am definitely not ready for that yet...I just want my baby back for a little while.

And so we are not picture free, here is a picture of a silly Amelia face...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ang, she is such a doll.Also one of my favorite things to do is rock my kids to sleep (or let them play on my lap while I rock myself to sleep!). Our lives sound similar!:) I love just enjoying the cuddles they give, and the "I love you, Mommy" 's... so great. We need to get together someday!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me, Tasha. :)

Braydan and Jessica said...

You're funny Angie. sounds like you learned lots this week, (send the cinnamon rolls right over). Glad DJ survived Tues. It was pretty sad. Wish I could've heard the YW lesson. I bet it was great! adios.

Jeff and Hayley said...

I love that pic!! She's so silly...

Braydan and Jessica said...

Hey Angie, I tagged you on my blog. It's a lot of writing, so don't feel bad if you don't do it. But I would love to see some of your answers to the questions so I learn more about you!

Marnie Bergeson said...

Funny pic of Amelia. She looks so much older than when I just recently saw her. And yes, she would love that ducky tub. It's at Target. The boys and Audrey love it. It even quacks and is soft all the way around. It's only $10 or so. You need to get it.

Marnie Bergeson said...

How do you get your cute background. I'm still learning...