Well, not really. But I wish I was. In fact, I would even be happy with the hotel around the corner. DJ suggested we all go on a vacation, but I think that would defeat the whole purpose. I would still be doing what I am doing now, just somewhere else. Kinda lame. To sum it up, I need a vacation...by myself.
As you can tell, I'm worn out. DJ is a tremendous help, but he doesn't get home until 7 and then when I do pass Amelia off, I somehow always get her back WAY to fast. Part of the problem is Amelia decided that since she was feeling better from last weekend, she would get an eye infection this weekend. Yes, I get to put eye drops in her eyes 3 times a day for 10 days. Now that is what I call fun. I love being SCREAMED at with a look of "why are you doing this to me?". Another part is for the first 4 months of her life she would take a bottle, so I could leave. But she has decided she doesn't want to anymore, so I can't. THAT is very hard to get used to. Another part of the problem is that I feel a little stuck. I would love to carry Amelia into stores and have even attempted it a few times. The results...HUGE spit up in the checkout line at a drugstore, on the floor, throw up 2 times in one trip at a fabric store (luckily I caught it). Get the picture, it's not pretty. The last part of the problem is that I am an admitted procrastinator, and that just isn't working out so well with a baby. I feel like I have a million things to do, and the time I get to do them (during naps), I really don't want to. The solution, I need a vacation. A couple of days to veg and sleep, then a couple to get things done.
PS-If I haven't given you a thank you card, or still have a dish of yours, sorry...I'm pathetic, you will get it. In the mean time enjoy this video of one of Amelia's favorite sounds.
3 comments:
I know the feeling girl! Especially about the not taking a bottle problem!! If you ever need a short break, feel free to drop Amelia off for a few hours. We'd love to have her!
Angie, I think all of us mommies can relate! It was really difficult for me at first to feel like I was still making time for me, and doing things I wanted, for me it just took time to adjust a little; I had a couple breakdowns, but you'll be ok!! Call me, and we can talk. But you know, enjoy the naps while you can too- I don't get anymore, and I only have 1 more child than you!:) I love ya.
When Emmeline turned one, I took off for three days (hotel around the corner), and it was the best three days EVER! You may have to wait a few months...but seriously, do it!
Post a Comment