Monday, September 10, 2007

Roll over, roll over, so they all rolled over...

Luckily no one fell out! Today, according to the counter at the bottom of my blog, Amelia is 4 months 3 weeks and 6 days old. And today she mustered up all the strength and momentum she could, and rolled from her back to her tummy. I was so proud of her. She pumped her legs, swung them up to her face, fell over to the side, reached out and had success. She marveled at her accomplishment for about a minute and then realized what she had done, she had rolled on to her TUMMY. What a horrific realization, crying erupted. Now that she knows where rolling over gets her, I wonder if she will ever do it again.


Another milestone was on Sunday. Amelia was in her car seat after church and her cousin Abby(9) came over and started making faces and doing a cheer "You're awesome, you're terrific, you're AMELIA..." and she started laughing like crazy. Amelia that is. Now, she has giggled quite a bit, but this was a full out laugh for like 5 minutes straight. I wish I had a video camera. DJ and I just watched in amazement, apparently we are nothing compared to her cousin. She was so worn out after that she was asleep before we even got to the car.

3 comments:

Faron and Erin said...

I love that picture!! She is seriously gorgeous! Like an angel! Yeah for rolling over! That is a big step in her little life =)

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Amelia!! YAY! I LOVE baby giggles. They're the best. Greg used to clap his hands really big and Gabe would just die of laughter. The oddest things make them laugh sometimes! She's s doll by the way. -Tasha

Kirstin said...

Yay for rolling over! I just read your entire blog...yes, it must be Sunday afternoon...and I have to say that Amelia is the most photogenic baby ever! I'm jealous. Can't wait to read more!